AS OF MARCH 23, 2020 THE TURLOCK JOURNAL GAVE AN UPDATE ON THE NUMBER OF CASES IN STANISLAUS COUNTY ALONG WITH UPDATES FROM THE STATE. YOU CAN READ THE ARTICLE BY CLICKING HERE.
AS OF MARCH 20, 2020 GOVERNOR NEWSOM ISSUED A STATEWIDE ORDER FOR ALL CALIFORNIANS TO STAY AT HOME AND AVOID NONESSENTIAL SOCIAL CONTACT TO SLOW THE SPREAD OF COVID-19. YOU CAN VIEW THE GOVERNOR’S ADDRESS TO THE STATE AT THIS LINK.
We at HeyTurlock want to make sure we are doing our part in keeping our community informed. There are tons of wonderful resources in this community that can help us all during this stressful time. We’ve put together a list of services and resources that are available in Turlock as of March 20, 2020. We will continue to monitor and relay information through our Facebook and Instagram as we receive updates. Thank you all for your patience and support of our local businesses during this time!
Available Health Care Resources:
- Elite Physical Therapy offers telehealth consultations! Whether you’ve got a full schedule, or aren’t near their clinic a telehealth consultation could be a convenient way to see a physical therapist. To schedule an appointment call (209) 250-2226 or email [email protected]
- Express Lane Urgent Care is equipped to see patients without medical insurance for a cash payment of just $110. If you think you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have any other medical concerns, call (209) 664-1550. Their hours are the same, open every day from 10 am to 6:30 pm and will strive to be here for our patients in this time of increased need.
- Golden Valley Health Centers will be following community guidelines from the Public Health Department and CDC at all of their facilities. Some of their locations will be walk-in sick clinics and others will be well clinics which will be appointment based only. If you need to see a clinician or have questions about your health, call (866) 682-4842 to get more information before going to the clinic.
- Legacy Health Endowment has several articles on their website with helpful information on Covid-19 and how to take measures towards maintaining your health. You can also sign up for their text alert service to receive updates on FREE healthcare services in the county. Just text ‘STANISLAUS’ to (833) 300-4888. Message and data rates apply.
- Mercy West Urgent Care accepts all forms of government health care, and walk-ins are always welcome! If you need immediate medical attention go to 2101 Geer Road #111, Turlock.
- Turlock Dental Care is set up to see patients through Virtual Smile so you don’t miss your check-up! Submit a photo of your teeth to this website and Dr. McCulla will give you a video consultation from your home.
Stores With Special Hours for Seniors or Most Vulnerable:
Legacy Health Endowment has provided us with a list of stores that will be adjusting their hours and services to give seniors time in the morning to shop or pick up their groceries without having to worry about shopping with other people. Please see below for store hours and location information.
Dollar General: 8-9 AM daily located at 965 Lander Road, Turlock.
Target: Wednesdays only- 8-9 AM located at 3000 Countryside Drive, Turlock.
La Perla Tapatia: Daily 7-8 AM located at 475 7th Street, Turlock.
Safeway: Tues/Thurs 7-9 AM located at 3051 Countryside Drive, Turlock
Walmart: Tuesday 7-8 AM located at 2111 Fulkerth Road, Turlock.
O’Brien’s Market: 7-8 AM (65 & older-Be prepared to show ID) located at 839 W. Roseburg Avenue, Modesto.
Smart and Final: 7:30 am – 8 am located at 1801 H Street Unit #C-2, Modesto.
Savemart– Tues/Thurs 6-9 AM located at 1631 Lander Avenue, Turlock and 2595 Geer Road, Turlock. Also offering delivery service and curbside pick-up- See Savemart.com or call (800) 692-5710.
Raleys: Special bags available for Seniors with essentials for convenient pick-up. Click here for more details from the Raleys website.
Places to Order To-Go:
Need help with dinner tonight? These restaurants are all offering To-Go and Pick-Up orders if you call ahead. We’ve included all of their phone numbers and additional info for each.
- Angelini’s Italian Restaurant: Call (209) 667-6644 to place an order. Angelini’s is offering modified pasta pan orders for smaller family sizes and is offering curbside pick-up when you place your order.
- Crust and Crumb: Call (209) 850-9262 to place an order. They are also available through GrubHub.
- Main St. Footers: Call (209) 667-8383 to place your order. Footers is always able to deliver your meal or have it ready for pickup.
- Toscana’s Ristorante: Call 209-216-3555 to place an order. Toscana’s is offering 10% off for teachers and medical professionals with ID, and can accommodate you for curbside pickup or delivery!
- The Tri-Tipery: You can order online at this link, or call (209) 634-8849 to place an order. They are offering curbside pickup for all their mobile orders.
- Vito’s Ristorante: Call (209) 667-1010 to place an order. If you work in a medical office, Vito’s is offering 20% off and free delivery to all medical offices!
- Willie’s Pizza and Wings: Call (209) 667-9455 to place your order. Willie’s is open for delivery and pickup!
Other Community Resources:
- Body Potential Fitness is taking great care of our older population during this time by providing resources to help maintain their health. They are offering virtual personal training that is easy to do in the comfort of your own home! Call Lisa at 209-535-1298 for details.
- Central Valley Legal Docs can complete your legal paperwork entirely online, over the phone, or through video chat and file your documents for you. Call (209) 633-3032 for any questions about filing during this time.
- First United Methodist Church has started an online book study for those interested in participating. Email [email protected] to join the online discussion for their Lenten book study, Christ Is for Us. First United is also launching an online worship service starting on Sunday, March 22. You can go to their YouTube channel by clicking here so you can participate.
- United Samaritans Foundation is continuing to run their Daily Bread Mobile Lunch Program for the 5 routes serving 11 communities in Stanislaus County. You can check the schedule at this link. The Senior Congregate Lunch in Turlock has been modified for seniors to pick up their lunch and take it to-go. Registered seniors should arrive at the Salvation Army between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm. Click here for more services available at this time.
- Westside Ministries is continuing to help families and children by meeting their nutritional needs. You can participate by donating at this link and Westside Ministries will use it to continue helping those in need in our community. Call (209) 667-8593 for more details.
If you have updated information for future events or services, please reach out to [email protected] with the details.
Looking for more resources in the community? Click here to visit our business directory.